What is paintball?
Paintball is fun and exciting shooting sport where players eliminate each other by hitting the other team with round balls filled with dye.
Where can I play paintball?
Paintball is played on a field which includes obstacles and barricades. There are different games such as capture the flag, eliminator, and many others.
What are some good paintball websites?
Here's some helpful sites that cover everything from how to play to where to buy guns and equipment.
- Paintballer: guides and gear reviews
- Discount Paintball: great deals
- Paintball at Wikipedia: facts and figures
- Dick's Sporting Goods: big box retailer that carries paintball stuff
- ANS Gear: popular paintball site
- PB Sports: offers products for various outdoor sports
- Paintball Central: just what you'd think!
- Airsoft Lovers: mostly an airsoft site but has some paintball content.
Does getting hit by a paintball hurt?
Yes, if you don't have the proper protection! Be sure to wear a mask, thick clothing, and shoes with good ankle support.
What type of equipment will I need?
You can rent or buy equipment. The essentials include:
- Paintball gun, also known as a marker.
- Hopper - this feeds the paintballs into your gun
- Protective mask
- Thick and loose-fitting clothing
- Money to pay admission
- Water to prevent dehydration
How much does paintball cost?
A day of paintball fun to cost between $50-$100 when you factor in admission and gear rental. Call ahead to the facility and they'll let you know what to expect.
What are the rules of paintball?
The rules depend on the game you're playing. Rule #1 is always SAFETY FIRST! There is also an honor code, always be honest regarding eliminations and respect the referees' decisions. The whole point is to have fun!